New Craft Beer Bar Opening in Poughkeepsie
A new craft beer bar is coming to Poughkeepsie.
A temporary sign reading " Craft Bar & Lounge" has been placed over the building on 302 Main Street in the City of Poughkeepsie. While I'm very excited about the prospect of a new craft beer bar, I'm being cautiously optimistic.
The location was previously home to the Rabbit and Turtle. Offering craft beers, interesting cocktails and menu items, the Rabbit and Turtle closed after just one year, only to reopen six months later before abruptly closing their doors again. It's unclear whether it was the concept, the management or the location that led to the bar's lack of success.
All I currently know about the new venture is what's printed on their temporary sign. The odd use of extra exclamation points before and after the words "!!! COMING SOON !!!" and the fact that they chose Comic-Sans as their font has me slightly worried about the owners' decision making abilities. However, the words "Craft Beer / Spirits / Food" are music to my ears and I will certainly be checking them out when they open.
Are you excited about the potential for a new craft beer bar in the City of Poughkeepsie? Let us know if you'll be giving the location another try. You can comment below or on our Facebook page.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie