Nazi Flag Displayed Near Hudson Valley School, Businesses
A Nazi flag was spotted hanging in the window of a building near a number of Hudson Valley businesses, a church and a school.
On Thursday, a social media post said a Nazi flag was placed in a window of a building on Main Street in Poughkeepsie. The flag was visible from the parking lots of Bank of America and Hurricane Grill & Wings, according to the Facebook post.
The same building displayed a Nazi flag in September 2019. The flag was displayed on Main Street, not far from Vassar College and the building next door to Joe Ruggiero’s headquarters. Ruggiero was running for Dutchess County Executive, his office was located at 780 Main Street in Poughkeepsie.
The flag was displayed in a heavily trafficked area, officials say. According to Google Maps, a bar, church, worship center, Middle Eastern grocery store, pizza place and cafe are within a few feet of the building.
A Town of Poughkeepsie police spokesman said they investigated after learning about the flag, but the flag appears to have been taken down.
"The Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department is strongly against and symbol or display of hate, however it's not in violation," a spokesman said.
- Female Security Guard Murdered in Lower Hudson Valley Library
- Owner No Longer Wants Lost Pet, Local Shelter Hopes For New Home
- Former Hudson Valley Broadcaster Heading to Hall of Fame
- Nazi Flag Displayed Near Hudson Valley School, Businesses
- The Hudson Valley Is Really Becoming 'Hollywood on the Hudson'
- Amazon Approved to Build Massive Warehouse in Hudson Valley
- Fastest Growing Burger Chain Plans to Open in Hudson Valley