Man Forcibly Touched, Held Woman Against Her Will, Police Say
The incident occurred in the early hours Saturday.
On Saturday at 2:43 a.m, Saugerties Police responded 1721 Route 32 for a report of a female that had been physically assaulted by a male.
Investigation by responding officers established that 53-year-old Joseph Spivey had physically prevented the victim from leaving his residence and further forcibly touched the victim on an intimate part of her anatomy.
Spivey was taken into custody by officers and charged with the Misdemeanors of Forcible touching and Unlawful Imprisonment in the second-degree.
Spivey was arraigned in the Town of Saugerties Justice Court, being released on his own recognizance upon the court issuing an order of protection on behalf of the victim. Spivey is scheduled to reappear before the Saugerties Town Justice Court at a later date.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie