Man Caught Driving 145mph on Route 17 in Middletown
Police say a man traveling through Orange County drove 80mph over the limit.
A driver was clocked doing 145 in a 65mph zone in the middle of the day on Friday. According to State Police, A 2009 Dodge Challenger was caught speeding on the westbound side of State Route 17 near exit 122 just after 10 a.m. The driver zoomed right past the trooper, who was sitting in his patrol car at the u-turn.
After confirming the speed by radar, the trooper followed the car as it exited the highway and headed to Route 17K. The driver, Jeremy J. Vanleuvan, was eventually stopped while headed west on the highway. The 23-year-old is from Wanaque, NJ and has been charged with speeding 145 in a 65mph zone, Reckless Endangerment in the 2nd degree and Reckless Driving.
Vanleuvan was issued a ticket to appear at the Town of Wallkill Court on March 13.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie