Lower HV Bar Found Loophole Around Latest Restrictions
Many New York bars and restaurants have got the governor beat on a technicality.
A bar in the lower part of Hudson Valley has found a creative way to allow customers to order food and drinks while keeping the tab low.
Last week, Governor Cuomo mandated stricter regulations for bars and restaurants stating that they cannot serve patrons alcohol unless that buy food as well. Many bars have fought back by offering special menu items like the 'Cuomo Chips' that are gaining popularity in the Saratoga Area.
The Peekskill Public Kitchen has decided to add cheese and crackers to their menu. Patrons can stop in and order them off the menu for 50 cents.
Did you ever think that cheese and crackers would ever be one of the most popular items on a menu at a restaurant?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings