Hudson Valley Police Pursuit Ends In Route 17K Collision
A Thursday morning Hudson Valley police pursuit ended with a head-on collision on Route 17K in Newburgh after a suspect tried to avoid questioning.
The New York State Police issued a press release stating the suspect in question was located driving a Chevy Tahoe on I-87 based on a BOLO (be on the lookout). When officers attempted to pull the vehicle over, the driver resisted and a pursuit ensued. The suspect then exited Thruway Exit 17 and led officers on a chase until the vehicle struck another Chevy Tahoe head-on along with two other vehicles just after 11 AM.
Three people in the suspects' vehicle were injured and sent to various local hospital with non-life threatening injuries while a fourth was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center with serious injuries. The injuries to those in the other vehicles were reportedly non-life threatening.
Troop F BCI and Collision Reconstruction Unit (CRU) assisted with the investigation at the scene. Route 17K was closed for more than four hours.
More updates to the story are expected.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center