Fatal ATV Crash in Orange County
Police are investigating a fatal all-terrain vehicle crash in the Village of Wallkill.
On Saturday, April 11, at approximately 1:00 p.m., State Police form the Highland barracks responded to Cottage Street in the Village of Wallkill.
The investigation revealed that Michael S. Morris, 49, of Wallkill was riding an ATV on a service road off Cottage Street when he struck a chain that was extended across the service road causing him to fall off of the ATV.
Morris was wearing a helmet at the time. Responding emergency personnel attempted life-saving measures and subsequently pronounced Morris deceased at the scene.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie