Edible Cookie Dough Restaurant NOT Opening This Week as Planned
A dessert shop in the Poughkeepsie Galleria has delayed their highly anticipated grand opening on Friday.
Owner Joseph Francabandiero was scheduled to debut his line of edible cookie dough treats during a live radio broadcast on Friday morning. After not showing up for his scheduled segment we have learned that the restaurant has suffered a minor setback and will not be opening on schedule.
Francabandiero says that during a final inspection of the equipment on Thursday he learned that a manufacturer had mistakenly sent the wrong part. Unfortunately, the owner claims that the part is necessary to the operation of the business. Because of the mixup, the opening date will have to be rescheduled.
It's unclear how long it will take to get the equipment up and running. Francabandiero estimates that it could take up to a week to get the part and the opening will be rescheduled for after that.
The Dough Life Facebook page has not been updated yet, and still lists the grand opening as today. It's expected that they will post more information about the rescheduled opening soon.
In the meantime, Hudson Valley residents will have to wait a little longer before they begin their inevitable addiction to raw cookie dough.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie