Drone Searching For Lost Dog Gets Shot Down By New York Man
Guess that didn't really matter to one Suffolk County man.
Police told the New York Post a 26-year-old man used a shotgun to shoot a drone out of the sky Sunday. Police now say he's facing third-degree criminal mischief charges. What's making this a big deal, according to the NY Post, is that this remote control quadcoptor was searching for a lost dog in the area.
The Post says a group called the Missing Angels Long Island was using the drone to search for the lost pooch around the man's house in Saint James, NY. The drone was reportedly valued at around $1,000. Police told the New York Post the missing pets group lost contact with the drone at around 4:45 p.m., and used the machine's GPS to track the downed copter near the man's home.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie