City of Poughkeepsie Ready For First Friday Festivities
The City of Poughkeepsie is ready for a festive end to the work week Friday, June 7.
First, there will be a parade honoring the Poughkeepsie High School basketball and crew teams as New York State champions. That will start at 4 p.m. and will run from Catharine Street to Main Street to Civic Center Plaza, across Mill Street (44/55 westbound arterial) to City Hall.
***Please note there will be intermittent and temporary road closures during this event.
At City Hall, a ceremony will take place, with Mayor Rob Rolison officiating. Once the ceremony is completed, the teams will be escorted on their float to Mansion Square Park for further festivities at the First Friday event being held there.
First Friday Poughkeepsie is a city-wide celebration held in a new neighborhood on first Friday evenings from May through October. It aims to increase awareness of the City and showcase it as a thriving, safe, and attractive place to live and do business.
The theme for Friday’s event is “Queen City Roots.” First Friday will feature food, drinks and music and goes until 8:30 p.m.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie