Are Re-Usable Bags Making Checkout Lines Longer?
With everyone using their single re-usable bag at grocery stores are the lines getting longer?
You've got to admit that it's a legitimate question.
Just when you thought checking out at large stores in the Hudson Valley couldn't get any longer. We might have actually accomplished that. Before the plastic bag ban, we had a pretty easy system. You'd out your items on the counter, the clerk would then check your items and then quickly put them in a bag or two.
Now many shoppers are approaching the lines with one re-usable bag. Who bags it? Does the cashier bag? Do you bag it? Then, inevitably one of you can't fit everything inside so you sit there and fumble around and playing Tetris with your groceries. If someone has to buy bags that'll tack on even more time.
Have you experienced longer wait time in the checkout line since the plastic bag ban?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America