2 NY Colleges Named Worst For Free Speech
Two New York colleges/universities were named amongst the worst for free speech in 2019.
The Fire recently published a ranking of colleges in the world based on their free speech 'score'. According to this report, two universities in New York are the worst for free speech. Fire doesn't explicitly explain the reasoning for the rankings, but all schools listed have a story, or stories, to accompany the choice.
The two New York universities that made the list are Syracuse University in Syracuse, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), in Troy. Each school has a specific story accompanying Fire's choice for including them on the list.
What schools do you think are the worst for free speech? The Hudson Valley is filled with colleges: Marist University, Dutchess Community College, SUNY New Paltz, Mount Saint Mary College, Vassar College, SUNY Orange, Ulster Community College, the list goes on!
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate