Police: Hudson Valley Man Caught With Unreturned U-Haul
A Hudson Valley man is accused of renting a U-Haul for one day and never returning it.
On Wednesday around 2:15 p.m., Ulster Police Department received a complaint from U-Haul about an unauthorized use of one of their rented vehicles.
An investigation revealed that 20-year-old James T. Muller of Kingston rented a 2016 Ford Transit van for one day in August, but never returned the vehicle, police say.
Muller and the unreturned rented U-Haul were allegedly found in Saugerties, just fifteen minutes after police received the complaint.
Muller was charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle, a misdemeanor. He was arraigned in Town of Ulster Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail on $1,500 bail $3,000 bond.
The Ulster Police Department were assisted by the Saugerties Police Department.
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested After Dog Shot To Death
- Hudson Valley Morning Show Radio Host Accused of Running Multi-Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping Child
- ‘Prehistoric’ Fish Washes Ashore In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Child Porn, Stealing From Business, Day Before Birthday
- Should The Hudson Valley Worry About Hurricane Irma?
- 'Armed and Dangerous’ Attempted Murder Suspect On the Run in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley