‘Prehistoric’ Fish Washes Ashore In Hudson Valley
Many were surprised when a “prehistoric-looking fish,” washed ashore on a beach in the Hudson Valley.
Recently, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation was contacted by an Orange County Parks staff member regarding a mystery on the shore of the Hudson River.
Responding officers found a dead sturgeon washed ashore on the beach of Plum Point.
“This prehistoric-looking fish was collected and held overnight to be turned over to the DEC's Hudson River Fisheries Unit for further study,” the DEC said in a press release.
More information on the fish wasn’t provided. We will update if more information is released.
- Hudson Valley Morning Show Radio Host Accused of Running Multi-Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping Child
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Child Porn, Stealing From Business, Day Before Birthday
- Should The Hudson Valley Worry About Hurricane Irma?
- 'Armed and Dangerous’ Attempted Murder Suspect On the Run in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley