Two Hudson Valley Youth Soccer Players To Play Internationally
Two Hudson Valley youth soccer players will be getting international experience as one will be playing in Argentina with the US Youth National Team while another is off to play in Spain.
According to a press release from the Beekman Soccer Club (BSC), Justin Suarez has made the US Youth Futsal National Team and will be traveling to Argentina later this month to play on behalf of the United States. Coach Craig Canavan stated, six BSC players made the trials in Kansas City and it was Justin's hard work that secured him a spot on the team.
Hudson Valley athlete Declan McComb will be going to high school and playing soccer at the FC Malaga Academy in Almunecar Spain. He will join the Academy in August after a three-week preseason camp in the Netherlands. He will receive a full high school education while training at this high-end program. BSC Club President James Bohrman stated, 'Declan has been a member of the Beekman Soccer Club since he was four years old. It's exciting to see players from our small town compete at the highest level and to get a chance to train and play in Europe'.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center