Traffic Stop Leads to Discovery of 170 Bags of Heroin, Police Say
A Poughkeepsie man was arrested following a traffic stop in Ulster County on Thursday.
On Thursday, New York State Police Troop F Community Stabilization Unit conducted a traffic stop on a 2006 Acura being operated by Tyrell Wood, 23, of Poughkeepsie.
Wood was found to be in possession of approximately 170 bags of heroin. The baggies contained approximately 5.1 grams of heroin.
Wood was processed and arraigned in the Town Lloyd Court, and remanding to Ulster County Jail in lieu of 25,000 Cash bail, or $50,000 bond.
This was a coordinated effort between the New York State Police and the Town of Lloyd Police Department.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie