This Part of The HV Has the Most Cases of STD’s per Capita
The CDC released a list of cities with the highest STD rates New York state had several cities make the cut.
New York practices the SAFE ACT but it may be time we work on safe sex.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has released their annual list of cities with the highest rates of sexual transmitted diseases.
According to the CDC, there was a 19% increase Chlamydia, a 63% rise in Gonorrhea and a 185 increase in Syphilis throughout the entire country.
Innerbody.com made an interactive map with statistics provided buy the CDC to show the number recorded cases of STD's. According to the map, here are the numbers of STD's in each region of the Hudson Valley per capita.
- Greene -107 Cases
- Columbia - 274 Cases
- Newburgh - 17,945 Cases
- Dutchess - 1,308 Cases
- Ulster - 697 Cases
- Sullivan - 59 Cases
If you go by population, Greene has it the worst with a population of approximately 8,000 people.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America