The Catskills Named One Of 10 Places Worldwide To Visit For 2019
Along with destinations in Italy and Peru, the Catskills has been named as one of the top 10 places in the world to visit in 2019. Leading travel publication Lonely Planet mentions Woodstock's 50th anniversary as a pretty good reason to make a visit but the Catskills is much more than that. The landscape and scenery are unrivaled and there are breweries, distilleries and great things to experience all over the area.
But what part of New York is technically considered the Catskills? It's actually parts of five counties, Sullivan, Ulster, Delaware, Greene and Schoharie. Of course, Bethel Woods is one of the more high profile attractions in the area along with the new Resorts World Casino. But be sure to visit the wonderful outdoor attractions like Kaaterskill Falls or Opus 40.
The Catskills were placed among some pretty respectable competition. here's a look at the top 5. For the full Top 10 head over to LonelyPlanet.com.
- Piedmont, Italy
- Catskills, New York
- Northern Peru
- The Red Centre, Australia
- Scotland's Highlands
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America