That Time Ross From Friends Meets A Girl From Poughkeepsie
The sitcom Friends aired 236 episodes over a memorable 10 seasons starting in 1994. A classic episode from season four was all about how Ross met an amazing girl from Poughkeepsie on the train. I was always more of a Seinfeld guy so going back and watching the old Friends episodes, they're all new again.
Originally hitting the airwaves on December 18th, 1997, Ross finds himself in the unenviable position of having to choose between the two women he's currently dating. One is from uptown, the other from upstate. Ross really likes the girl from Poughkeepsie but the distance is exhausting him.
Ross ultimately breaks up with the girl from uptown and heads back to Poughkeepsie but ends up falling asleep on the train and wakes up in Montreal. He wakes up in Canada next to a beautiful woman who asks him out for coffee.
Actress Yasemin Baytok plays the 'Poughkeepsie Woman'. She also appeared in the movie Indecent Proposal along with episodes of Frasier, Saved By The Bell: The New Class, and Pacific Blue.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center