One Airlifted Following Serious Crash on I-87, Police Say
A two-vehicle crash on Interstate 87 in Ulster County, resulted in multiple injuries.
On Monday, June 4, 2018, at approximately 12:36 p.m. state police were dispatched to investigate a serious personal injury accident in the area of Exit 20, and 21, of I-87 southbound, in the Town of Saugerties.
Preliminary investigation at the scene revealed that heavy southbound traffic on I-87 was slowing or coming to a complete stop due to a property damage accident.
A van struck the rear of another vehicle that was stopped in traffic. A passenger in the van was seriously injured and airlifted to Albany Medical Center.
Two other injured parties were transported to Kingston Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie