New York Ranked As Best State for This Profession
If you work as one or are becoming one, New York is the best place for you according to a recent study.
New has been ranked as the best state for teachers. Education jobs are among the lowest paying job that require a bachelor's degree, and teacher salaries fail to keep up with inflation.
The combination of job pressures, many teachers quit soon after they start. A fifth of all public school teachers leave their positions before the end of their first year. Nearly half last longer than five years.
Wallethub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 22 key metrics, ranging from teachers’ income growth potential to pupil-teacher ratio to teacher safety.
New York ranked as the best state for teachers.
Teacher-Friendliness of New York:
- 5th - Avg. Salary for Teachers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 22nd - Quality of School System
- 11th - Pupil-Teacher Ratio
- 2nd - Public-School Spending per Student
- 4th - Teachers’ Income Growth Potential
- 6th - 10-year Change in Teacher's Salaries