Musician David Byrne to Give Commencement at Local Graduation
Talking Heads frontman, David Byrne, is headed to Dutchess County.
The first high profile commencement speaker of the season was announced yesterday. Byrne will be speaking at Bard College's one hundred sixtieth commencement on Saturday, May 23. The musician will also be accepting an honorary degree from the college.
Byrne recently appeared on Saturday Night Live as the musical guest. His performance included cast members from his stage show titled David Byrne’s American Utopia. The musical will be returning to Broadway in September for just 17 weeks at the Hudson Theater.
In addition to addressing students, Byrne will receive an honorary doctorate of fine arts. Honorary degrees will also be awarded to artist Laurie Anderson, physicist Steven Chu, composer Gao Xiaosong, curator Thelma Golden, Brooklyn Public Library President Linda E. Johnson, educational historian Ellen Condliffe Lagemann, and former Bard student and biophysicist George D. Rose.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie