Movies On Bannerman Island: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
The lineup of movies that will be shown on Bannerman Island this spring and summer is looking even better than last year. In addition to classics like The Wizard of Oz and Psycho, they'll be screening the classic comedy Ferris Bueller's Day Off. On Friday, May 31st from 7 PM until 10:30 experience one of actor Matthew Broderick's most defining roles on an island.
Each of the movie screenings in 2018 sold out so you may want to book in advance. The event includes a tour of the island along with round trip transportation on the river via Beacon. The family residence has been newly reopened and the tour includes a stop there as well.
This year's first tours were recently announced and will resume on Saturday, May 4th. It's expected that many of the tours will sell out this season so reservations are recommended.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3PM to 7PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America