Money Award For Hudson Valley Urban Forestry Projects
Governor Cuomo has announced that $2.3 million will be allocated for statewide urban forestry projects and that includes several right here in the Hudson Valley. Sorry Dutchess and Sullivan Counties, no urban forestry projects for you this time around. Orange and Ulster Counties are affected locally.
- Newburgh - $50,000 Greening S. William Street Tree Planting
- Port Jervis - $50,000 Tree inventory and forest management plan
- Warwick - $21,000 Tree Inventory and Management Plan, 6 Town Parks and 12 Public cul-de-sacs
- Kingston - $50,000 Kingston Tree Inventory
- New Paltz - $41,364 Tree Inventory and Management Plan for the Village And Town
- Saugerties - $48,241 Village Street Tree Maintenance
According to a press release, these grants are part of an effort to address invasive species, climate change and environmental degradation. The stage has allocated nearly $7 million over the last six years and $12 million overall. For more information or to view a calendar of the Department of Environmental Conservation's upcoming events , link up here.