Modell’s to Close All Hudson Valley Locations
If you gotta go to Mo's, you better do it soon.
Last month, Modell's announced that they would be shutting down eight of their New York stores. Now, the sporting goods chain will close all of its locations across the Hudson Valley.
According to the New York Post, Modell's Sporting Goods has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. This will result in the shuttering of the 130-year-old business' remaining 115 stores. Over 3,500 employees will lose their jobs.
Here in the Hudson Valley, there are Modell's Sporting Goods locations in Middletown, Poughkeepsie and Harriman. Liquidation sales will begin Friday morning at three locations. Items throughout the store will be discounted in an effort to move all remaining inventory before the stores shut down.
It's unclear how deep the discounts will be, but traditionally during liquidation sales the percentage off increases as it gets closer to the store's closing. No final closing dates have been given for Modell's Hudson Valley locations.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie