Man Robbed Victim at Gunpoint in Orange County, Police Say
On Friday, October 18, at approximately 4:15 p.m., the Town of Wallkill Police responded to a report of a robbery in the area of 249 Rt. 211E and Maltese Drive.
The investigation disclosed that the defendant, a 39-year-old, male, Bloomingburg, NY resident, exited a Mazda MPV and brandished what appeared to be a handgun and demanded the victim's property.
On Friday, officers developed a lead which led to the identification of the vehicle. Subsequent surveillance by Officer Condon of the vehicle resulted in the apprehension and arrest of the defendant for criminal possession of stolen property fifth-degree, and other traffic violations.
October 22, at approximately 3:20 p.m., a subsequent investigation by Detective Christopher DiNapoli arrested and charged the defendant with robbery first-degree, criminal possession of a weapon fourth-degree and petit larceny.
The defendant was arraigned in the Town of Wallkill Court before Judge Patrick Owen and remanded to the Orange County Jail on $3,000 bail or $10,000 bond until his next court appearance on October 28.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie