Man Chokes Woman at Ulster County Hotel, Police Say
The victim had an active order of protection against the man.
On July 13, at approximately 02:24 a.m., Saugerties Police responded to Diamond Mills Hotel for a reported domestic dispute.
The victim reported that while engaged in a dispute with a 45-year-old man. The man allegedly grabbed her by the throat and held her down to the ground, placing force against her throat, causing the victim difficulty in breathing.
A file check on the man, revealed that there was an active Order of Protection that she victim had against him from a prior incident.
The man was processed at Saugerties Police Headquarters on the Felony of Criminal Contempt of a Court Order in the first-degree and the Criminal Obstruction of Breathing or Blood Circulation.
The man was arraigned in the village of Saugerties Justice Court, being released upon his own recognizance by the Village Justice.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie