Kingston Point Beach to Reopen With a Few New Rules
Does the word 'Beach' bring you thoughts of happiness and peace? The City of Kingston's Park and Recreation Department announced that Kingston Point Beach will be opening on June 20, 2020 (the first day of Summer).
There will be lifeguards on duty, five days a week, from 9 am to 5 pm. According to a press release from the City of Kingston and Mayor Noble's office, here are just a few of the rules and protocols that will be in place when the beach re-opens on 6/20:
- Operating a half capacity-- beach facility will be reduced to 50% of normal season capacity.
- Shared facilities, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day
- Physical Distancing - a distance of at least six feet must be maintained at all times, excluding members of the same household or family and in the case of emergency assistance.
- Visitors must ensure 10 feet distance between beach blankets and chairs, except for members of the same household or family.
- Individuals must be prepared to don a face covering if another person unexpectedly comes within 6 feet.
- Multiple entrances to the beach must be used to avoid congestion.
- Lifeguards and water safety personnel must wear a face covering when on patrol and when interacting within 6 feet of members of the public, except for lifesaving or emergency response activities.
- Lifeguards will conduct a health self-screening before the start of each shift
Do you think that these new rules will keep you and your family from having fun? Or do you think that being cautious is a small price to pay for staying healthy/
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Listen to Mornings With Brandi weekdays from 6 AM to noon on 94.3 Lite FM. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device or the 94.3 Lite FM mobile app.
Listen to Morning With Brandi weekdays from 6 AM to noon through your 94.3 Lite FM mobile app. Connect with 94.3 Lite FM on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.