Is New York The Happiest State?
Do you think New York is the happiest state in the country?
Happiness comes from a combination of internal and external factors. We can influence it somewhat by approaching situations positively or choosing to spend time with people we love, doing activities we enjoy.
But one thing that can have a big influence on how we feel about life is where we choose to live.
To determine where Americans have the highest satisfaction with life, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 31 key indicators of happiness. The data set ranges from emotional health to income level to sports participation rate.
New York was ranked as the 15th happiest state, here's the breakdown
Happiness in New York:
- 4th – % of Depressed Adults
- 1st – Suicide Rate
- 16th – Number of Work Hours
- 19th – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 29th – Income Growth
- 22nd – Safety
You can view the full report on Wallethub's website.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie