Is Dishwasher the Place to Store Your Valuables?
So recently there was a supposed news story making its way around social media, when Hurricane Florence was getting ready to hit the Carolina's, that said to put your important papers, documents, etc in the dishwasher for safe keeping.
Is this true or fake news? The thought process behind it kind of makes sense, right? You would think that the thing that keeps water from getting all over your kitchen would keep your documents safe during a flood, but that is not so.
A dishwasher is water tight, meaning it won't leak, but it is not necessarily water proof. Not being water proof will allow water to get in from the outside if your home where to flood.
What should you do with those important papers? Keep a copy of everything on a flash drive and take it with you, should you have to evacuate your home, in any situation. Do you have any other tips to help homeowners keep their important documents safe?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America