Is Bed Bath & Beyond Closing Hudson Valley Locations?
Could this be the end of Bed Bath and Beyond in the Hudson Valley?
So many retailers have been announcing closings that it's getting hard to keep up. The most recent business to decide to decrease their number of stores is Bed Bath & Beyond. If you frequent one of the Hudson Valley stores you may want to use your 20% off coupons now before it's too late.
CNN reports that the company has announced it will shutter 40 stores this year. With locations in Pougkeepsie, Kingston, Newburgh and Middletown, Bed Bath & Beyond is a big employer in our area, and losing a store would certainly be a blow to the local economy.
With competition from Walmart, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Target and online retailers like Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond has been struggling to keep customers coming through the door. The days of getting excited about those big, blue coupons arriving in the mail are gone for many shoppers who have opted to find deals online instead of going to the store for kitchen and bath accessories.
Bed Bath & Beyond is expected to release a full list of the 40 locations scheduled to close soon.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie