Hyde Park Holding Electronic Recycling Day
Have you been building a pile of electronic items in the basement, corner of the garage or in a box that you want to get rid of, but know in your heart that you should recycle?
Dutchess County provides its residents with many opportunities to recycle electronic items each year. (County dates this year are June 6 and October 27). Hyde Park will be hosting its own day for electronic recycling on Saturday, April 21 from 10am to 2pm.
Here is a list (not all-inclusive) of the things you can bring to the event and not have to pay to recycle:
- Computer pieces, printers, fax machines, storage devices
- Old cell phones,
- Old GPS
- Bicycles, can be in working order or not
- Pharmaceuticals that you no longer need, they will be properly disposed of.
- Old hearing aids and eye glasses
Here is the full list of items (pdf) you can and cannot bring to this recycling event. For more information about the Dutchess County Division of Solid Waste Management and their events that will be taking place or any general questions you might have, here is their website.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America