Former Poughkeepsie Restaurant Building Up For Sale
The building that once housed Formosa Cuisine in Poughkeepsie is up for sale and could be a good investment for someone in the restaurant business. Located at 825 Main Street, the 4,000 square foot building has been empty since the business closed earlier this year.
A note posted to the door in February stated that they were permanently closed while apologizing for the inconvenience. It went on to say they were thankful for the support from the community over the eight years they were in business. Formosa was known for its Asian and vegetarian cuisine.
Now the building, which was constructed in 1976, is on the market for $995,000 via Loopnet, a commercial real estate site. The property includes a large parking lot in the rear with room for possible expansion as well as on-street parking.
825 Main Street was also home to Coppola's for many years after they moved there in 1979. What business do you think would be a good fit for the property?
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center