First Sports Book Opens at Upstate New York Casino
Football season has just officially begun for the 2019-2020 season and there is something that you can now do in New York that residents have been wanting to do for years.
The first sports book has opened at an upstate casino, Rivers Casino in Schenectady. At a sports book, a person can place bets on not just football but also many other different sporting events, including baseball, hockey and basketball.
There is also sports betting available at "FanDuel Tioga Downs." Both of these casinos were awarded sports betting licenses in a 2013 NYS referendum. At this time it is still not an option to bet online or on a mobile device. New Yorkers are also not allowed to bet on college sports.
Will you use a sports book to place a bet or just make your bets when you go to New Jersey or Vegas?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America