Do You Have What it Takes to Be an Orange County Cop?
Do you have what it takes to be an Orange County Police Office or Deputy Sheriff? If you think you do then there are a few dates that you need to be aware of because the exam is schedule to take place in September 2019, but you will need to attend one of the seminars next month (June 2019)
Here are the dates for the application, examination and career information sessions:
- Town of New Windsor Community Center 555 Union Avenue, New Windsor, NY 6/24/19 @ 3PM and 5PM
- Emergency Services Center 911 Auditorium, 22 Wells Farm Road Goshen, NY 6/26/19 @ 6PM
- Town of Wallkill Community Center, 8 Wes Warren Drive, Middletown, NY 6/28/19 @ 4PM
According to the posting on OrangeCountyGov.com here is what you need to consider yourself qualified to apply:
- A) Three (3) years of active military experience in the armed forces of the United States with an honorable discharge, or currently serving in the armed forces of the United States with a minimum of three (3) years of active duty service;
- B) Completion of sixty (60)* college credits;
- C) Completion of thirty (30)* college credits and the equivalent of one (1) year of work experience* as a police officer, correction officer, police dispatcher, licensed security guard or other related experience in the law enforcement, corrections or military** field; OR (Work experience is based at 35 hours/ week with part-time experience being prorated.)
- D) An equivalent amount of training and experience as defined by the limits of (B) and (C) above. (For purposes of qualifying under option (D), fifteen (15) credits is the equivalent of 6 months work experience.)
For more details and the full list of requirements and costs for the exam, click here.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.