Dead Bear Cub Found Alongside Dutchess County Road
A bear cub was found dead alongside Route 9D in Wappingers Falls Wednesday morning.
In a picture sent to us from a listener, you see dead bear cub lay alongside the the roadway.
No specific details are available as to what actually happened. However, according to one witness, "it appeared the bear was shot by a bow and arrow", and not struck by a vehicle, but this cannot be confirmed.
There have been many reports of bear sightings in the Hudson Valley in recent weeks. There are many things you can do to prevent interactions with bears on your property.
Humans unknowingly create potential food sources for bears. The Department of Environmental Conservation has a full list of things you can do to prevent bears from being drawn to your property.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie