Can You Wash Your Hands Too Much?
I've washed my hands so much this past two weeks that I may now have the driest hands in the Hudson Valley.
With the all of the hysteria about I can't be the only one who's obsessively washing their hands 15 times a day and putting hand sanitizer on them.
According to the CDC, one of the best ways to avoid the virus is washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before touching your face or eating.
Dry hands are a small price to pay but can we be over doing it?
According to Piedmont Medical, some experts believe using too much alcohol based sanitizer can dry out you hands, make them crack and belled and allow germs to to enter the wound. Also, using too much soap anti bacterial soap can weaken your immune system.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America