5 Tips to Keep Your Pet Safe on the 4th of July
If you have a pet, these are MUST DO'S.
They say that July 4th is the biggest day of the year for reporting lost dogs and that the 4th can be really scary for most pets so we came up with 5 tips that will make sure your family pet makes it through the holiday unharmed and safe and sound at home.
1. It's best to just keep them away from fireworks as both dogs and cats are more sensitive to loud noises than we are, so fireworks going off near the house can be traumatizing for them.
2. Make their space as comfortable as possible. Close the windows and maybe put on some music or the TV to mask the sounds of any fireworks. If they hide in a different room than usual, like a bathroom or the basement, make sure they have food and water and move their bed and toys in there to comfort them.
3. I read somewhere that July 5th is the busiest day of the year for animal shelters, thanks to scared pets running away from fireworks, so make sure they have their collar and tags on inside or outside of the house
4. Keep them away from people food as most people food can cause big problems for dogs and cats. Never give your dog a steak or chicken bone.
5. Keep them out of cars. Never leave your pet in a parked car, even at night during a fireworks show as it's normally hot on the 4th and the temperatures inside a car or truck can rise really quick.
Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!!