2 Tornadoes Touch Down in Upstate New York
We've had some crazy weather this week in New York State.
Here in the Hudson Valley, we got hit with severe weather on Wednesday afternoon. Heavy rains, thunder, lightning and winds came through our area causing some downed trees and debris, as well as power outages.
It was a little worse for our neighbors to the north. The National Weather Service in Albany reported that two tornadoes touched down in upstate New York.
According to the NWS Albany twitter account, two EF-1 tornadoes were reported. One in Johnstown and the other in Saratoga Springs.
The tornado that touched down in Saratoga Springs traveled 0.5 miles and produced winds up to 105mph.
More details about the storms can be found at the Nation Weather Service Public Statement website.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash