17-Year Old in Custody Following Tivoli Shooting
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 17-year old male from Cairo, N.Y.
on charges of assault first-degree, robbery first-degree, both class B felonies, and criminal possession of a weapon second-degree, a class C felony.
On February 11, at approximately 8:36pm, the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call reporting a shooting on Clay Hill Road in the Village of Tivoli.
Arriving deputies located a 20-year old male resident from Red Hook, NY with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. Tivoli Rescue, assisted by Northern Dutchess Paramedics, transported the victim to a local hospital where he underwent surgery for serious injuries.
The investigation spanned into Columbia County and ultimately into Greene County where Sheriff’s Detectives took the suspect into custody without incident. The investigation indicates that this incident was not a random act of violence.
The suspect was arraigned before Hon. Frank Mora in the City of Poughkeepsie Court and was remanded to Woodfield Secure Cottage in Valhalla, NY in lieu of $150,000 cash bail or $300,000 bond pending future court appearance.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie