Police: Orange County Woman Caught Bringing Drugs Into Dutchess Jail
An Orange County woman is accused of trying to give drugs to an inmate at a Dutchess County jail.
On Sunday, New York State Police from Wappinger arrested Laura D. Clouse, 39, of Middletown for promoting prison contraband, fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, all felonies.
An investigation revealed that Clouse brought Methadone into the Fishkill Correctional Facility with the intent to give it to an inmate, police say.
Clouse was arraigned at the Village of Fishkill Court, where she was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $7,000 cash or $14,000 bond.
- Fireworks Explode In A Car On Thurway, 5 Injured
- Hudson Valley Man Shot Outside Convenience Store
- ‘Top Chef’ Finalist to Host Pop-Up Dinner in The Hudson Valley
- Undercover Operation Leads to Arrests of 7 Accused Orange County Drug Dealers
- Man Injured After Driving Into Dutchess County Home
- Hudson Valley Teen Charged With Leaving Anti-Semitic Graffiti
Check out this weeks top 5 stories, including a critical blood shortage in the state and a manhunt for 2 people wanted for attempted murder