Police: Dutchess County Man Stole Over $2,500 From Family Member
A Dutchess County man is accused of stealing expensive jewelry from family members.
On Tuesday, New York State Police from Poughkeepsie, along with the Poughkeepsie Bureau of Criminal Investigation, arrested 22-year-old Jason M. Stroly of Pine Plains for burglary, a felony, petit larceny, a misdemeanor and a violation for unlawful possession of marijuana.
Troopers stopped an alleged speeding Subaru Legacy driven by Stroly on the Taconic State Parkway.
Following an investigation, Storly was found with weed and stolen jewelry, police say. Stroly is accused of unlawfully entering a family members home, in the Town of Milan, and stealing over $2,5000 worth of jewelry.
Storly also allegedly stole jewelry from another family member in Pine Plains.
He was arraigned in the Town of Pleasant Valley Justice Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $30,000 cash bail or $60,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Morning Show Radio Host Accused of Running Multi-Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping Child
- ‘Prehistoric’ Fish Washes Ashore In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Child Porn, Stealing From Business, Day Before Birthday
- Should The Hudson Valley Worry About Hurricane Irma?
- 'Armed and Dangerous’ Attempted Murder Suspect On the Run in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley