One Killed After Propane Truck and Car Collide in Rhinebeck
One person was killed after a car collided with a propane truck in the Hudson Valley.
On Wednesday around 1:15 p.m., members of the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office responded to Slate Quarry Road near White School House Road in the Town of Rhinebeck for reports of an accident between a propane truck and a vehicle.
An investigation revealed that a 2014 Honda CRV, driven by 77-year-old Francis J. Scelta of Clinton Corners, crossed over the center pavement markings and struck a 2004 International truck that was heading in the opposite direction, police say.
The truck is a propane delivery truck owned by Petro Home Services of Poughkeepsie. According to the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office, no propane leaked, but a small amount of diesel fuel did leak.
Slate Quarry Road was closed for approximately five hours for investigation and Hazmat cleanup.
At this time no charges have been filed. However, the police investigation continues.
The driver of the truck wasn’t injured.
- Hudson Valley Man Killed When Truck Rolls Over Him
- Hudson Valley High School Teacher Dies on New Year's Day
- Popular Hudson Valley Diner Damaged in New Year's Fire
- Hudson Valley Teacher Dies
- Poughkeepsie Galleria Evacuated
- Woman Charged With Sex Trafficking Teen in Hudson Valley
- Cuomo Wants to Rename Stewart Airport
Check out the Top 5 stories of 2017 from Hudson Valley Post.