Hudson Valley Man Killed When Truck Rolls Over Him
A Hudson Valley man tragically lost his life while working on his truck.
On Wednesday, New York State Police from Poughkeepsie were dispatched by Dutchess County 911 for a report of a man pinned underneath of a vehicle on Tyrell Road in the Town of Pleasant Valley.
A preliminary investigation suggests that around 10:35 a.m., a Ford F250 pick-up rolled backward while 36-year-old Timothy Russell Jr. of Pleasant Valley was laying on the ground, performing work to the underside of his truck, police say.
Members of the Pleasant Valley Fire Department and Mobile Life EMS arrived on scene to render medical assistance. However, Russell was pronounced dead at the scene by the Dutchess County Medical Examiner.
According to State Police, the accident appears to be accidental, but the incident is still under investigation.
- One Killed In Propane Truck vs. Vehicle Crash in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley High School Teacher Dies on New Year's Day
- Popular Hudson Valley Diner Damaged in New Year's Fire
- Hudson Valley Teacher Dies
- Poughkeepsie Galleria Evacuated
- Woman Charged With Sex Trafficking Teen in Hudson Valley
- Cuomo Wants to Rename Stewart Airport
Check out the Top 5 stories of 2017 from Hudson Valley Post.