Fire Destroys Dutchess County Home
A fire tore through a Dutchess County home. On Sunday around 11:40 p.m., multiple local fire departments responded to a two-alarm fire at a home on Spencer Lane in Red Hook.
In photos and video that can be seen below, first responders were met with a raging fire and black smoke. By the time the fire was put out, most of the home had been destroyed.
Crews worked together to extinguish the fire and perform overhaul while a tanker was used to shuttle water from a nearby pond, officials say.
By 3 a.m. Monday the scene was cleared. Fire departments from Red Hook, Rhinebeck, Tivoli, Milan, Clermont and Livingston battled the blaze. EMS from Rhinecliff and Tivoli as well as Northern Dutchess Paramedics, the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office and Central Hudson were also on the scene.
- 3 Cases of Measles Confirmed From Hudson Valley, More Likely
- Child Stabbed, Teen Accused of Waving Knife at Police in Newburgh
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Wrote School Shooting Practice Letter
- Police: Hudson Valley Bus Driver Tried to Meet Child for Sex
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured in Plane Crash in Orange County
- 3 Critically Hurt After Car Plows Into Popular H.V. Restaurant
- People Who Ate at Popular Hudson Valley Diner Exposed to Measles