Young Girl Falls From Zip Line At Local Community Day
A 9-year-old girl fell while zip lining at a Hudson Valley town’s community day. A very avoidable mistake caused the accident.
On Saturday around 7:30 p.m., New Windsor police and New Windsor ambulance were told about an injury that happened on the zip line ride at New Windsor Community Day.
Arriving officers found a 9-year-old girl being treated underneath the zip line. The girl rode the ride for about 20-feet before falling to the ground, police say.
The girl was taken to Westchester Medical Center where she was treated for a broken leg.
The employee of the zip line ride didn’t attach the girl’s harness to the zip-line, police believe.
The New Windsor Detective Division is investigating the accident. If anyone has information please contact them at 845-565-7000.
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Many Hudson Valley Schools
- One Injured When Plane Lands Upside Down at Hudson Valley Airport
- Woman With Brain Bleed Causes Accident in Hudson Valley, Flees
- Hudson Valley Man in Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run
- Missing Hudson Valley Man’s Vehicle, Skeletal Remains Found
- 'Walking Dead' Stars Enjoy Eclipse, Bike Ride In Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley