High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Many Hudson Valley Schools
A Hudson Valley man who raped a young girl is now living near a local elementary school, middle school and high school.
On Monday, Town of Lloyd Police warned the public that level-3 sex offender Anthony Arceri moved to a motel on Route 299 in Highland. Level-3 sex offenders are considered to have the highest risk of a repeat offense and are considered the greatest risk to the public.
According to the New York State sex offender’s registry, in 1997 Arceri was convicted of raping a 13-year-old girl in Ulster County. He was sentenced to two to six years in prison.
According to Google Maps, the 52-year-old’s new home is two-miles from Highland Elementary School, Highland Middle School and Highland High School. He’s also a mile from Tony Williams Town Park.
- Young Girl Falls From Zip Line At Local Community Day
- One Injured When Plane Lands Upside Down at Hudson Valley Airport
- Woman With Brain Bleed Causes Accident in Hudson Valley, Flees
- Hudson Valley Man in Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run
- Missing Hudson Valley Man’s Vehicle, Skeletal Remains Found
- 'Walking Dead' Stars Enjoy Eclipse, Bike Ride In Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley