Unlicensed Man Arrested After Ramming Into Hudson Valley School Bus
A man allegedly driving without a license is facing a number of charges over allegations he rear-ended a school bus in the Hudson Valley.
On Monday around 7:25 a.m., the Saugerties Police Department responded to Route 212 and Rail Road Avenue in the Town of Saugerties for a motor vehicle crash, reported to be a vehicle verses school bus.
Nicholas W. Gagner, 31, of Palenville didn’t notice that a school bus in front of him stopped, which caused his 2016 Kia Solara to hit the bus in the back, police say.
Gagner was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor, and violations for unlicensed operator, following too closely and failing to notify DMV of address change.
According to Saugerties police, no injuries were reported.
- Did Army Football Kneel in Protest During the National Anthem?
- New York Man Among Those Killed In Las Vegas Shooting
- Hudson Valley Man Admits To Sexually Abusing Child
- Community in Shock After Hudson Valley Woman Allegedly Kills Father of Children
- ‘Sexually Violent’ Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley High School
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Killing Teen Near High School
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley