Hudson Valley Man Admits To Sexually Abusing Child
Just before his trial was set to begin, a Hudson Valley man admitted that he sexually abused a child at least twice.
On Monday in Ulster County Court, 36-year-old Gilberto Ballester-Perez of Accord pleaded guilty to sexual conduct against a child, a violent felony.
Ballester-Perez admitted that between July 1, 2016 and December 15, 2016, he engaged in two or more acts of sexual conduct with a child younger than 11.
Ballester-Perez entered his guilty plea just minutes before jury selection was to begin, officials say. He was arrested in Dec. of 2015 following an investigation by the Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center.
Sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 8.
- Did Army Football Kneel in Protest During the National Anthem?
- New York Man Among Those Killed In Las Vegas Shooting
- Community in Shock After Hudson Valley Woman Allegedly Kills Father of Children
- ‘Sexually Violent’ Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley High School
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Killing Teen Near High School
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley