Tappan Zee Bridge Demolition Rescheduled, Traffic Nightmare Expected
The demolition of the Tappan Zee Bridge has been rescheduled, which will lead to the closure of roads, highways and more in the area.
Tappan Zee Constructors announced the controlled demolition of the east span of the Tappan Zee Bridge will start at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, weather permitting.
During the controlled demolition period, State Police will close the New York State Thruway between exits 11 (Nyack – South Nyack – US Route 9W) and 9 (Tarrytown, Sleepy Hollow – Route 9) in both directions starting around 10 a.m. for at least 45 minutes.
Significant delays are expected and motorists should avoid the area and take alternate routes on Tuesday, officials say.
Businesses near the bridge that planned to host watch parties this past Saturday, but were forced to cancel their plans. As of this writing, those businesses haven't announced if they will host watch parties on Tuesday.
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Tappan Zee Bridge Demolition Rescheduled, Traffic Nightmare Expected
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons